William H. Fleming, III, M.D., FAAN
William H Fleming, III, M.D., joined Memorial Neurological Association in 1979 after completing his residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
He attended medical school at St. Louis University and completed his internship at The Montreal General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Dr. Fleming is Certified in Electroneurodiagnostic Medicine(Electromyography) by the American Board Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
He has special interest and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders, movement disorders, and multiple sclerosis.
The following are a few of the positions held by Dr. Fleming:
- President, Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, 1992-1993 and 1995-2000
- President, Federation of State Medical Boards of the United States, 1998-1999
- President, Texas Neurological Society, 2001
- President, Houston Academy of Medicine, 1999
- President, Harris County Medical Society, 2001
- President of the Texas Medical Association 2009-2010
- Chair of State Affairs Committee American Academy of Neurology
- Board of Directors Texas Medical Liability Trust
- Member of the Academy of Neurology Registry Committee
- Board of Directors The Health Museum
- Assistant Clinical Professor University of Texas McGovern School of Medicine
- Lifetime Achievement Award Texas Neurological Society
- Lifetime Achievement Award Houston Medical Forum
- Dr Fleming is a Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology